CCAC Accounts Center877 CCAC-039 (1-877-222-2039) | 937-255-0679
785-0679 (DSN) | 937-656-9538 (FAX)
Facility Security Officer (FSO) Directory
Last modified: January 22, 2013
Accessing HPMCP Resources
Prior to requesting access to any of the systems at one or more of the DoD Supercomputing Resource Centers (DSRCs), a user must obtain an account on the Portal to Information Environment (commonly referred to as a pIE account).
- Your S/AAA will provide you assistance through the account process. If you don't currently have a Service Agency Approval Authority (S/AAA) or are unsure as to who is your S/AAA, contact email@example.com.
- NOTE: All users must have a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) or a Security Clearance to run on all of the HPCMP resources except those who plan to run only on the Open Research Systems.
- Go to pIE's web site and request a login account:
- Citizenship Status, including registration numbers and expiration dates, if known
- Preferred Kerberos Realm (HPCMP.HPC.MIL for US Citizens, Green Card Holders, and non-US citizens with a NACI; ORS.HPC.MIL for anyone without a clearance or NACI)
- Organization ID (Your S/AAA will let you know which Org ID to choose from the drop down menu, for example, WPASC, AFVAW, NRLDC, etc.)
- Name, Title, Position
- Mailing address (No PO Box), Company Name, Phone, Fax, E-mail address
- Preferred Username
- Government Employee status. If not a Government Employee, you will need to provide a Government Point of Contact
- Contract Number and Contract Expiration date, if known (optional - except for Air Force Projects)
- Preferred Shell
If you have a Common Access Card (CAC), click "Register My Common Access Card (CAC)" to register it to your pIE account. You will also be prompted to electronically sign a Section III User Account Protection Agreement.
If you do not have a CAC, you should click the "I do NOT have a CAC" button. You will receive an alternate method to access your pIE and system accounts.
- Complete the Information Assurance Training (also known as the Cyber Awareness Challenge) and send a copy of your signed Certificate of Completion to your S/AAA.
You will need to know the following information to complete your request:
At this point, your pIE user account will be rejected or approved by your S/AAA. Once your S/AAA completes this action, you will receive a pIE notification informing you of the status of your application. You can contact the Consolidated Customer Assistance Center (CCAC) by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-877-222-2039 at any time throughout this process to determine your account status.
If your pIE user account is rejected, talk to your S/AAA or alternate S/AAA for additional information and discuss re-submitting your request.
If your pIE user account is approved and your Preferred Kerberos Realm is HPCMP.HPC.MIL, your information will be sent to CCAC to complete your HPCMP account.
If your pIE user account is approved and you only plan to run on the Open Research Systems, your information will be sent to Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC) to complete your HPCMP account.
To complete and activate your pIE user account with a Preferred Kerberos Realm of HPCMP.HPC.MIL:
- Have your Facility Security Officer (FSO) send a Visit Request to the ERDC Security Office:
- Security Specialist (Attn: HPC FSO)
- Fax: 601-634-7539
- JPAS SMO Code: W03GAA
It is recommended that you have your Security Office send your Visit Request to ERDC Security as soon as you apply for an account in pIE. This may help to expedite activation of your account. This single visit request will suffice for your pIE account and access to HPCMP resources.
NOTE: A Visit Request is a vehicle to transmit personal (Privacy Act) information from one security office to another, and is used for the purpose of HPC Accounts only.
- Complete a DoD Information System User Agreement and fax to CCAC at 937-656-9538.
If you require a Yubikey:
- Fax or e-mail the Section III to CCAC at 937-656-9538 or email@example.com. The Section III is enclosed in the package you will receive from CCAC with the Yubikey.
To complete and activate your pIE user account to run on the Open Research Systems only, ERDC DSRC must receive:
- Complete a DoD Information System User Agreement and fax or e-mail it to the ERDC DSRC at 601-634-7426 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have received your Yubikey, fax or e-mail your completed Section III to the ERDC DSRC.
After all of the above is complete, your pIE user account will be activated within pIE. Additional steps must be taken in order for you to access HPC resources at the DoD Supercomputing Resource Centers (DSRCs). Please work directly with your S/AAA or Principal Investigator to get access to these resources.
When you no longer need an account on pIE and if you have a Yubikey, please return your authentication tool to CCAC. Specific directions may be found at http://www.hpc.mil/cms2/index.php/yubikeyreturn.